Friday, June 7, 2013

Last day of school, crafting and squats!

So Wednesday I chaperoned the last field trip of the year and of my Monsters time in Ohio. We went to the library and park. It was a nice time, I helped some of the kids pick out books and even played on the playground with them! I was the only adult playing. Though I have a bruise from banging my knee on the ladder to the slide. Guess that's what I get for trying to keep up with 8 years old when I am almost 30 (1 month and 13 days!). Then Thursday was the last day of school. I cried after one of the girls came up to me and gave me a hug thanking me for everything since Kindergarten. Yeah, water works ensued. I will miss them kids when we move. Also my second grade teacher is retiring this year! So tears were had there as well. 
Monster (middle) and 2 of her BFFs

My 2nd grade teacher and myself

Monsters class at the library

So, I haven't updated about the green onion situation in some time! It worked out wonderfully and I have used them already. I am currently waiting to go to the store to get more green onions because the bulbs on the others went bad. I definitely reccomend anyone who likes saving money to try this! Also you can do it with celery as well, but we don't eat nearly enough celery to do it though.

I have been a crafting machine lately. I have made bracelets, earrings, necklaces and bookmarks. I am taking a small break due to an impending migraine though. However, the next craft project I am trying is braided headbands made from old t-shirts as seen here.  I am excited to see if I can make them. That would save me money on hair accessories and would give me something to do with all these old t-shirts I no longer wear! I love up-cycling projects!! I did a few back in December that were adorable!
Choker I made

Necklace I made
 
Earrings I made


So today is day 7 of the 30 day squat challenge. Todays number was 80. I also had to babysit all day which made it a little difficult to get much of anything done let alone 80 squats. However, I got them done! The last 20 were a doozy! My dog, Dusty, decided it would be a good idea to hump me mid squat.....yeah, it was horrible, haha. The kids thought it funny though. He is a german shepherd/border collie mix. 




No comments:

Post a Comment