Sunday, June 2, 2013

#challengetowrite, squat challenge, and pics...oh my!

First we will start with the rudemom.com #challengetowrite blog prompt.

 How do you start your day?

I start my day by hitting the snooze button a couple times. Then once I realize I hit it one too many times I roll out of bed and do the bathroom thing. Then I wake up the monster and tell her to get ready for the day. After that I go downstairs and make a cup of coffee and make breakfast. During school months we are out the door by 8:20am.





Okay, so today was day 2 of the 30 day squat challenge! Yesterday I not only did the scheduled 50 squats but I ended up doing an extra set of 50 before I went to bed. Waking up today my thighs were quite sore... I did a set of 10 then took a 10 minute break and finished off todays set of 55. After that the monster and I went to The Cleveland Metroparks Nature Center and walked 3 miles. Near the center is a set of 135 stairs. They are very intimidating. But I made it up them in a minute and a half, only stopping once for a small breather. Usually I stop at least 6 times!  Hello improvement!! After the squats this afternoon and then the 3 mile walk, plus the stairs....my thighs are on fire!!! But I am loving it. Below are some pictures from today! Hope you enjoy them.
The monster and I

Myself, picture was taken by my monster

My monster

The pedometer on my phone from todays walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment