Friday, June 28, 2013

Busy, busy, busy!




   I have been so super busy lately, I swear my brain is going to explode! We are getting so close to the big move, and the closer we get the more hectic things get! I am trying to get the organizing done so we can pack, trying to get the driving thing done so I can get my license, and trying to schedule time with all the people we want to see before we leave...all while crafting on the side! 

   About 2 weeks ago I signed the title to a new to me car, a 2001 Kia Optima that previously belonged to my Aunt. I have spent quite a bit of time in the car getting ready for my drivers test on July 9th at 2:00pm. Super excited and super nervous!! I think I am mostly nervous about the maneuverability aspect of the test more than the actual driving. But I am determined to pass!! 

    
 
   I started a crochet project that I actually intend to finish! I learned the bobble stitch after stumbling on this blog, colourinasimplelife. I love all her designs and patterns and am currently working on her puffed daisy hexagon pattern. I plan to do at least 2 daisies a day and eventually join them to make a blanket/throw. This is the first non generic pattern I have ever done and it turn out properly. And by generic, I mean the patterns I did before consisted of nothing but simple stitches like double crochets, treble crochets or single crochets, haha. Also, I think this project will be the perfect thing to work on on the drive to Florida, since reading in a moving vehicle makes me car sick.
   Speaking of Florida, we are coming up on the 2 week mark. 2 weeks from tomorrow we will begin our journey to our new lives! We are driving my car down, or rather my Dad is driving us down there in my car, and then he is flying home. Right now I am going through all of mine and my daughters things, condensing it as much as I can to fit in the trunk and back seat of my car. It's amazing how much stuff 2 girls accumulate! In my car I plan on packing, 2 adults, 1 child, 1 cat, about 6 pairs of shoes, 4 bags of clothes, about 200 books, some toys and a couple boxes of crafting supplies and bathroom supplies. I think I can do it!!  Btw, regarding the picture to the right. It's a dry erase board made from a picture frame! I simply took a plain piece of paper (you can use whatever color/pattern you wish and even fabric!) and put it in the frame, painted the frame and then used a dry erase marker on the glass of the frame! So simple and cute, plus great way to recycle old frames!!

   I am still trying to decide the look I want this blog to have so be patient if you see lots of changes on here. Eventually I will buy a URL (when I have the money to do so!), but no worries I will post about it before changing it so anyone who has bookmarked/follows this blog can update it.

No comments:

Post a Comment